What type of LED Monitor Provides the most accurate color for video editing workstations?; is a question that every novice video editor should look for answer. In this online world, everything works using a digital screen. Whether you want to watch a video or create on your own, for any scenario a high-quality panel is required. This is where LED monitors come into the picture.
An LED screen is a panel made of tiny Light-emitting diodes that work as pixels. These video display units provide superb color reproduction and can be utilized in even bright areas. That is why most people prefer LED over LCD or TFT screens. Moreover, this is the latest technology that is available on most devices. Due to various advantages, these screens are preferred by photo and video editors.
We will further discuss the features and types of panels available in the market. This will help you to choose the right LED monitor for video editing.
Benefits of using LED Monitors
- Better color reproduction: The quality of colors is accurate and produces an excellent image on the screen. This is because LED has a high range of wavelength that produces more colors.
- Quick response time: The time it takes for the monitor to update a pixel on the screen is called the response time. Modern Led monitors can perform this task in 1ms or even less than that.
- Lasts longer: LED monitors can last for many years depending on the usage and quality.
- Slim design: This is another factor why these monitors are popular among many users.
- The image looks sharper and clear: Even in the brightest locations, the monitor will display a clear and crisp image.
- No flickering: Such monitors do not suffer from flickering issues.
Types of LED Monitors and which one to choose?
Due to the advancement in technology, LED monitors have evolved. Here are three types of popular LED monitors that are used in various industries:
This technology was developed by LG. OLED or Organic Light Emitting Diode is known to produce natural colors on screen. There is no backlighting needed as each pixel can illuminate on its own while producing colors. These panels have a better refresh rate than other devices. Plus, the dark and white ratio is quite exceptional in these panels.
The QLED technology was developed by Samsung to counter the OLED technology. QLED stands for Quantum Dot Light Emitting Diode. In this monitor, each pixel can produce a variety of colors. One of the major advantages of using such panels is the cost-effectiveness and brighter display.
In-plane switching panels are one of the best monitors that are available in the market. Their display superior colors on the screen along with providing the best viewing angles. Moreover, the screens have less response time, a higher refresh rate, and perfect color reproduction. These are a type of LED display and are preferred by most professional editors.
Drastically improve your skills
Having a good LED monitor can tremendously help in editing videos. You will be able to see more clearly in less time with no noise or disturbance on the screen.