Many websites have started providing a content creation platform. Here, you can not only create a unique video but also earn money via doing so. But one can only succeed on these sites if they have the best attention-grabbing content.
One such platform that provides superb services is YouTube. Since the creation of this website in 2005, it has undergone several changes. One of the biggest changes is how the media is shared with various individuals.
Furthermore, YouTube not only displays digital content but also allows the users to create a channel for absolutely free of cost. This is extremely helpful for anyone who wants to display their talent on this website.
But when over 500 hours of media is uploaded every minute, then the entire scenario becomes quite competitive. Surviving solely on media creation is not fruitful in the long run. You need to find new ways to make an efficient channel on YouTube. New ideas, subjects, and uploading frequently is just a tiny part of the equation. The bigger picture lies in the actual editing of videos.
We will learn about video editing in the coming paras. This will help you understand the importance of video editors and which one to choose for your channel.
Introduction to video editing
Video editing is a simple task of manipulating the data of a media file. Whether it’s a blog, vlog, or any form of captured video, all require some form of modification. A perfect video has a proper introduction, middle part, and end. But even after that, a video does require certain modifications.
Many effects can be implemented like transition, sound modulation, and color grading. All these can showcase the true power of editing. You can even change the format of a media file for enhancing the quality of videos or uploading them at a faster rate.
Which software is used by most YouTubers?
Several video editing applications are available online. Both free and paid software provides several benefits in content creation. A few of these applications along with their utilization are listed below. We have also mentioned how some applications are more beneficial for YouTube creators.
- OpenShot: Simple and effective design with basic editing tools. Suitable for beginners.
- DaVinci Resolve: It is advanced software that has many features like color correction, visual and audio effects, and high-resolution editing. It’s available in both paid and free versions. However, for new creators, the free version is certainly the best choice.
- IMovie: IMovie is a default software that comes with Apple devices. It has tons of options to choose from. Plus, all your edited YouTube videos are saved to Apple Cloud storage.
- Movie Maker 10: Movie Maker 10 is a free beginner-level video editing software that comes with the windows operating system.
- Adobe Premiere Pro: This is one of the best paid professional software that is utilized by many YouTubers. It has advanced features that can completely change the look and feel of your videos.
- Vegas Pro: Vegas Pro is another paid application that is easy to use and has beginner to advance level tools for editing. Previously it was owned by Sony. But currently, it is undertaken by the MAGIX company.
- Final Cut Pro X: Having industry-grade editing features, is available on Mac OS and can be easily integrated with YouTube. What more can you demand from a professional video editor?